Thanks to the WordPress CMS (Content Management System) that makes the website-building too easy for beginners. Now it is super easy for a newbie to install a WordPress theme and build a website in minutes. If you are a newbie and want to make a WordPress website then this guide will definitely help you like a pro. Read till the end, thereby, you can learn to install a WordPress theme.
A theme is the most important element on your website. Changing a theme means changing the overall looks of your website. Therefore, always research well while choosing a theme for your website. If you are beginners in blogging and don’t know how a WordPress theme can be installed then we will make you understand it in three different amazing ways.
Install a Theme from WordPress Directory
It is the best way to install a WordPress theme from WordPress Directory. By following the below-mentioned steps, you can install a theme.
- Log in to the Dashboard of WordPress
- Move cursor on the Appearance Option (Left side on the Dashboard)
- Click on Themes Option
- Click on Add New button
Suppose you don’t know the exact name of the theme:
- Choose a theme from Featured, Popular or Latest Options
- Apply your Desired Filters
After selecting your desired theme
- Click on Install Button
- Now Activate the Theme
Note: If you know the WordPress theme name, just type the name of Theme and Install it.
Install a Downloaded Theme
If you have a downloaded theme in your PC, then the WordPress theme installation process will be different a little bit after clicking the Add New Button.
- Login to WordPress >> Appearance >> Theme >> Add New
- Click the Button Upload Theme
- Click Choose File
- Select the theme from your Computer
- Click Install Now
- Lastly, Activate the theme
Install WordPress theme with FTP
Firstly, it must be clear that Installation WordPress with FTP is not a recommended method for newbies. Newbies should try the above-mentioned methods. However, sometimes uploading a theme to the WordPress dashboard faces a problem. Therefore, Using FTP (File Transfer Protocol) can be beneficial to Install WordPress theme.
In the above-mentioned FTP Client, FileZilla is being used commonly. FileZilla allows connecting your website with a PC easily. Let’s see how can we install a WordPress Theme with an FTP (FileZilla)?
Steps to Follow
- Download and Install FileZilla to Your PC
- Login and Click Quick Connect
- Connect it with your Website
- Now Select the Theme from your PC
- Upload it with Right Click
- Login to WordPress Dashboard
- Install and activate the uploaded theme